Several of the packs have a page called a small book. What is this small book?
Well, it is a piece of paper turned into an 8-page book. These are fun small and great for little hands.
They make great learning tools and I’ve made several of them in the printables on the site. And told I’m going to show you how to make the books.
We have included links to some of the products and resources we have used with this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
How to make the small folding books is one question I get asked a lot. I keep sending people elsewhere to get help and I thought it was time to show you how I do it.
For this example I’m using the Free Apple Activities Pack.
What you need to make the small folding books
How to make the page into a small folding book
These are the steps you follow to learn how to fold the books.
1. You turn the paper print side down. You then fold the paper in half vertically. The fold should match up with the line in the middle of the paper. You want to fold the long edge to the long edge.
2. With the paper still folding in half, you are going to fold the paper in have horizontally. You can use the line in the center. You are folding the short sides to the short sides.
3. You repeat the fold in the same direction you just did. You will only be able to see one panel of the book once you finish the fold.
4. You open up all the folds and you can see the page is divided into eight different panels.
5. You fold the paper in half the opposite of the first fold you did. Then you place that paper with the fold toward you and cut to the first line.
6. You unfold the paper and now you can see where you made the cut in the center.
7. Fold the paper in half again horizontally and stand it up. It will look similar to below. You can see that the cut edge is up.
8. You push the outside of the book into the middle. You want it to look like an “x” in the middle.
9. You find the outside of the book and fold the ends towards each other.
10. After the ends of the book are on the outside you will want to repress all the folds on the book.
If you have issues doing all the folds you can use a craft stick to do the folds.
Here are some packs with the small books:
- Free Desert Pack
- Free Star Wars Pack Update
- Free American Revolutionary War Pack
- Free Little Red Hen Pack
- Free Egypt Pack
- Free Apple Activities Pack
- Free Summer Pack
- Free 4th of July Pack!
- Free 3 Little Pigs Pack!
- Free 3 Billy Goats Gruff Pack
- Free Winter Pack!
- Free New Years Pack!
- Free Nativity Pack 2
- Free Polar Express Pack!
- Free Nativity Pack!
- Free Halloween Pack!
- Free Space Pack
- Free Christopher Columbus Mini Pack
- Free Pete the Cat Pack
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com