Word ladders are a great way to work on learning different types of words. They are a good hands-on way for kids to spell out their words.
We loved the Blends Word Ladders and I thought it was time for the digraph ones.
The Digraph Word Ladders are a lot of fun to explore the different words. These printables match up with the Digraph Playdough Mats. They will let you make new words and explore which make words and which does not make a word.
I love setting up this activity with Appletters. I give them several different tiles and one set of ladder and see what words they can create. They write on a separate piece of paper the words they make. We can go over the words and review them. Another fun way is to write a sentence with whatever word they create.
What you will find in these printables:
- One picture and digraphs at top
- The following digraphs: ch, ck, gh, gn, kn, ng, ph, qu, sh, th, wh, wr, tch.
- 2 ladders per page
- 9 pages of printables
What is in the Digraph Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set
The set has two options for the cards. You can get just a big picture and word ending or the multiple words on each wall card. Plus there is a new small and easy to print mini wall cards that are perfect for little hands and to use in centers. Plus there are beginning and ending digraphs in the set.
What Is In The Digraph Wall Cards & Ladder Selling Set contains 40 pages:
- Digraph: ch-, -ch, -ck, gh-, -gh, gn- -gn, kn-, -ng, ph, qu-, sh-. -sh, th-, -th, wh-, wr-
- Digraph Ladders
- 2 Cards per page or 4 Cards per page options
- Digraph Large with several words
- Digraph Large with single image word ending
- Digraph small with several words
- Digraph small with single image word ending
Things we plan on using with these printables:
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com