My girls and I had a very emotional September. We had some ups and downs. We spent the month trying to catch a monarch caterpillar that was eating the milkweed in the flower garden. It seemed like it would never happen. And then we did finally catch it. We got a jar and raised it for two days before it made its chrysalis. It was amazing to see how fast things change.
While the caterpillar was changing we got the news a friend of ours had passed away. It has been the first time someone close to my girls has passed and that meant spending time with them. While we were dealing with our grief and moving on with our lives we kept waiting to see our butterfly. Because while we have been sad, life had to move on.
We waiting and finally, our butterfly came out of its chrysalis. We had a wonderful butterfly to watch and then release for it to move on in its journey in life. It was a great reminder that life has a cycle and we must move on.
As always my goals are divided up into three areas: blog, family and personal. I need all three because each is important to who I am.
October 2018 Blog Goals
If you have been with me a while you might have noticed some small changes around the printables section of the site. I’ve been really busy helping get ready for the new design of the printable section. I can’t wait to show it to you. I’m going to be focused on getting that all done and rolling it out in the next two months. I can’t wait for you to see it! I have a new set that will be coming out. I can’t wait for you to see it. I’m very excited about it.
- Finish up the Major Part of the New website and design
- Have some fun themes with Leaves, Pumpkins, and Halloween
- The Romping & Roaring Multiplication Set will be coming out at the end of the month
- Set business hours and stick to them
- Post more crafts on the blog.
- Update web site for https and design changes. I got a few one up already have you seen them?
- Consider posting only 3 or 4 days a week – and get ahead on my posting by at least 4 days.
- Finish 3 or 4 smaller selling products for the month – There will be up on Teachers Pay Teacher store.
- Create a total project list of all started projects with projected release dates. Schedule steps for pictures and when we will use them.
- Keep Sending regular newsletter out – Yes, I am sending one now! And a Subscriber Freebie coming very soon! I hope to roll out with the new blog design
October 2018 Family Goals
We spent a lot of time as a family in the last week of September. We needed that time and it was hard and emotional. We are working on dealing with our grief and helping our friends who is dealing with cancer. We have a plan to draw pictures every day to mail to him. A way to help us with our grief and help a friend who needs cheering up. We will be spending loads of time together as a family.
- Draw and mail pictures for our friend who is dealing with cancer and the loss of his partner
- Keep to our afterschool schedule
- Organize the house better and declutter loads
- Limit computer time for everyone – including me!
- Read to my girls every day
- Take time to just be with my girls
- Do a Family Movie or game night twice a month
- Plan School lunch Menus
- Fill out TO DO LIST daily
- Make a weekly menu!
- Make daily and weekly chore charts for my girls
- Fill out and Check off: Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart
October 2018 Personal Goals
I have been slacking in my goals the last little while. And I need to get better at them. I’ve been taking some time for me during the day to just relax and be me. I can’t be the best mom and make everything if I’m to stressed to deal with life in general.
So I want to remember to relax each day and get back into a solid workout routine again. I can do this.
- Plan 2 personal activities out of the house
- Limit all sugary drinks and snacks
- Daily Fitness – walking 6 days at least week – Even with all the packing fitness still needs to happen.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day – weekends too. Keep track using Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband.
- Schedule my tasks that need to be done for: blog, personal and family.
- Read/Listen to 5 books for the whole month – Pick good books not random books with no meaning
Be sure to check out the other bloggers that post monthly goals!
MamaSmiles has a great post about how to deal when you feel overwhelmed.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com