Goals have been huge for me over the last few years. Every time I post a goal, I learn more about what I need to get that goal done. Some of my goals are daily, weekly and monthly. They each help me make my feel better about myself when I get them done.
As we approach the summer, some of my goals will change, and some will stay the same. There are some goals that I need to focus on more. I know that when I’m feeling better that I get so much more done. I need to work on that for sure.
Plus a new printable: Summer Themed Monthly Cleaning Printable! You can see more about it at the end of the post.
I divide my goals into three areas: blog, family and personal. This division allows me to make goals for each of those areas. Each one has daily, weekly and monthly goals. It allows me to be able to put them into my to do list as I work on it. I also review each area as I finish up the month before.
I can say that May was a failure for a lot of my goals for the month. I did get the start of the summer program but not much else happened. I know that I could have done better, but I did not use my time wisely. I had some issued with it this month. I also was not as focused on doing things. For part of the month, I considering stopping blogging. I took some time to think about why I’m blogging and what my goals are. It helped me be focused a little more. So I’m back in the game with tons of ideas and goals.
My goal for the overall summer it to prepare for what I need for the fall with my girls. Plus get out the projects that I’ve finished but have not put out or blogged about.
- Get ahead on my blog posts at least 3 or 4 days – This is a MUST for me to be ready for a relaxing summer.
- Start a summer posting schedule of 5 posts a week. I’ll be taking the weekends off to make sure I relax.
- Finish strong with the 2016 Summer Program Swing Into Summer Learning
- Finish 3 smaller selling products for the month – yes working towards making more selling products. I’ll be putting them up on Teachers Pay Teacher or Teachers Notebook as I make them.
- Start my next big projects – I have three in the works! I just have to pick which to finish first.
- Finish up some Easy/Early reader books for requested project. Work on my list of ones I want to do.
- Use the Blog Planner I bought – Look for planner that allows for 2 posts a day or maybe make one for next year
- Update 2 old post each week or update two download pages with links to the blog. (ON GOING)
- Keep a better list of projects started but not finished (I have around 30 projects started. I started lots of printables I did not finish or have not put out.)
- Star working on a new Logo & Blog Design – this will be a year-long project
- Schedule less on Facebook – will only spend 30 minutes a day on this
- Cut back on things that cause me stress
- Thank other bloggers for their great posts by commenting on their blog posts.
- Sign up for a few more affiliate programs
- Start watching the Blogging Course that I got
This last month I struggled to get in a lot of this. My kitchen looks horrible, and we did not do crafts or family eating time because of it. This month I have to keep that up. Plus I want to have a clean house to keep us all a lot calmer. It does make a difference in my kids and my own attitude.
Plus I did not spend as much time with my girls as I would have wanted to. I was upset and it spilled over to them. This month I want to work more on my attitude and over all feelings.
- Keep a TO DO LIST and weekly menu! I need this I get more done even if I don’t complete it all. I keep track of my projects better.
- Declutter one area 15 minutes every day until one area is clean. The areas I’ll be cleaning are kitchen, stairs, my bedroom, the office room (Look for pictures on Instagram #kbngoals
- Keep my kitchen counter cleaned off! I have been really slacking on this one!
- Have no laundry to fold at the end of the day. Then keep track on my to-do list, so I don’t forget laundry in washer.
- Use Daily, Weekly & Monthly Cleaning Cart – yes, this does help me get my cleaning done.
- Read more to my girls not less – Start Our Summer Reading!
- Add to the girls chore list and help them learn the chore. (Working on Chore Charts)
- Let my girls spend time with just dad and do dad only activities.
- Start planning our summer activities and ideas of what fun ideas we could try.
- As school ends get outside and go places at least twice a week
Last month I had my face buried in a book avoiding pretty much everything. I slacked off everywhere I possibly could . It showed in pretty much everything I did. Yes, I took time for me but at the expense of everything else. I did great with steps and eating. Not great with weight loss but still a work in progress for that. I got loads of reading done that was all personal reading and not anything else.
My goals this month are to remember how time I can take and not avoid everything. I can’t bury my head in the sand and avoid the world just to take me time. Like still has to go on.
- Daily Fitness – This means fitness comes before ANYTHING else. I have to have my fitness to make sure my day goes better. My attitude is better when I do.
- Make 10,000 steps EVERY day. I’ll be using a Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband to help with my tracking.
- Schedule a time out of the house for me twice a month – I need to work on this more.
- Read or listen to 5 fun books during the month – Don’t always get new books, enjoy rereading books as well.
- Last year I started reading these books self help and parenting books. This year I’m going to reread a few and post a review of some of them each month.
- Color in my coloring book when I get stressed or need a mommy time out – at least 15 minutes a day
- Figure out how I’m going to do my fitness during the summer!
- Make a summer reading list
FREE Summer Themed Monthly Cleaning Chart Printable
The Cleaning charts have been a huge help for me and my girls. Since we are headed to summer, it is time for an update! I have found that I change my cleaning habits with the seasons. It is important to keep cleaning and remind myself that cleaning is important. There is a section for each type of cleaning: daily, weekly, and monthly.
What you will find in these printables:
- 4 pages
- 4 different images to pick from with beach, umbrellas, sandcastles, buckets, beach supplies, and more summer themes
- It has lists for Monthly, Weekly and Daily
As always their others that join me in the monthly goals! Be sure to see what their goals are. I love reading their post and seeing what they are working on for the month.