The gross motor movement dice have been a HUGE hit at our house. They love how fun it is to roll the dice and get their wiggles out.
I love how easy they are to give to my girls to have fun with! Today we have a spring themed gross motor set. I thought a seasonal change would be fun. Plus it gives us something to do when it is rainy outside.
This post is part of the 6 Days of Spring Printables.
Some of these movements come from our 30 Days of Moving with Kids challenge from a few years ago. They were our favorite movements during spring time. And since my girls just love the cube dice I thought those movements would be perfect for our spring dice.
Each dice set has their own fun gross motor activities, but with the cube dice you can mix them up! The cube dice have the movement on them and the folding dice just have the name.
I have found that the cube dice tend to last longer and my girls just love throwing the dice around. All to often my girls like to throw the dice at the ceiling.
Spring Gross Motor Dice Movements
Here is a look at the 6 different movements. Each of them is slightly different in what they do. I always review the movements first before we do the dice. This allows them and me to make sure we know what they are doing. I also check to make sure they have space around each other for the movements. I call it my “space check”.
If space is an issue they might do a movement one at a time.
Puddle: You jump up and down like you are splashing in a puddle.
Duck: You squat down and waddle like a duck around the room.
Flower: You start at the floor and slowly grow up. You spread out your arms as you grow.
Butterfly: You flap your arms up and down really slowly.
Rain Drop: You wiggle your fingers and wave your arms while falling to the floor.
Frog: You do frog jumps around the room.
We are always changing up how we do the activities. My girls love adding the extra dice for how many times to do a movement or how long to hold a movement. You can find the number dice here.
You might also want to check out this other Spring Themed Gross activity.
What you will find in the Free Spring Gross Motor Dice:
- Dice for spring themed: puddle, duck, flower, butterfly, rain drop, and frog
- Dice for different speeds: slow, fast, normal
- Two types: cube dice or make your own die
What you will find in the Spring Gross Motor Set
This is a full set with gross motor dice, gross motor chart, rolling games, and gross motor task cards. Loads of fun ways to explore the spring themed movements that can work for many different settings.
What is in the Spring Gross Motor Set
- Gross motor movement dice with folding and two cube dice options
- Speed dice with folding and two cube dice options
- Number dice with 1 to 12 options with folding and two cube dice options
- Spring Gross Motor Movement Chart
- Spring Gross Motor Spinning Mat
- Spring Gross Motor Movement Task Cards with 8 cards total
- Rolling Spring Gross Motor – Single Movement
- Rolling Spring Gross Motor – Two movements to match each die roll
- 22 pages
- Price: $3.00
Check out these Spring printables:
- Spring Themed Finds: ABC, Numbers, Shapes, Skip Counting & Sight Words
- Spring Learning Pack!
- Hands-On Rain Themed Counting Mats: 1 to 10
Check out all 6 days of the Spring Themed Printables:
If you are looking for more Spring Seasonal printables check out the Round up of Spring Printables.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com