You can have fun working on their prewriting while having loads of fun!
We have included links to some of the products and resources we have used with this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
I love making and creating tracing strips. And I know that people are always looking for new prewriting activities. These are great for Thanksgiving.
Plus they are great for fine motor centers.
Each of the strips has a thick line for kids to trace. It has a turkey going to a disguised turkey. I thought this was a fun one to do since we had the fun I’m not a Turkey Easy reader Book.
Things to use with these Turkey Pre-Writing Strips
I always get asked what we used with the printable. And this is an easy way to give you a list of items you can use.
- white cardstock
- laminating pouches
- 1 inch ring
- dry erase markers
- clear glass gems
- clear counters
- hole punch
- whiteboard cleaner
Ways to use the Turkey Prewriting Tracing Strips
Once you have your tracing strips laminated it is easy to use dry eraser markers on them. We used the bigger dry eraser markers on the thick lines. Plus they clean up easy. And if they don’t clean up a little whiteboard cleaner on a towel brings it right off.
These also work great for fine motor work without tracing. You can have them line the lines with small items. We have loads of mini eraser and they are great for doing that fine motor work.
You can also use small glass gems. You could also use clear counters. We have a collection of different colors glass gems to use for the different seasons!
You can also turn these into playdough mats! They can make playdough snakes and have them line to prewriting line! Something different for them to do that still works on fine motor skills!
More Turkey Prewriting
Now if you love the prewriting strips you will love the full set of prewriting activities in the Turkey Activity Pack. It has prewriting in turkeys, different lines, and additional tracing strips with fine lines.
Plus includes shapes, numbers, and ABCs!
What is in the Turkey Activities Pack with Prewriting, Shapes, ABCs, and Numbers
The Turkey Activities Pack has loads of no-prep pages, easy reader books, tracing strips, and clip cards for learning with pumpkins for PreK and kindergarten.
What you will find in the Turkey Activities Pack Printables:
- Turkey Prewriting Thick Line
- Turkey Prewriting Thin Line
- Turkey Prewriting Lines
- Turkey Prewriting Strips Thick Line
- Turkey Prewriting Strips Thin Line
- Turkey Prewriting Book Single Print
- Turkey Prewriting Book Teacher Print
- Turkey Tracing with Shape Feathers
- Turkey Shape Tracing Strips
- Turkey Shape Clip Cards
- Turkey Shape Book Single Print
- Turkey Shape Book Teacher Print
- Turkey by ABCs – Two letters per page
- Turkey by ABCs matching uppercase and lowercase letters with tracing
- Turkey Clip Cards for matching Uppercase letters
- Turkey Clip Cards for Matching Uppercase with lowercase letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with uppercase and lowercase letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with uppercase only letters
- ABC Tracing Strips with lowercase only letters
- Turkey Number Clip Cards 1 to 10
- Number Clip Cards Which comes next
- Turkey Clip Cards
- Turkey Number Chart
- Turkey with Tracing 0 to 10
- Turkey Counting Book 0 to 10 Single Print
- Turkey Counting Book 0 to 10 Teacher Print
- Turkey Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number digit and word
- Turkey Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number digit
- Turkey Number Tracing Strips 0 to 10 Number word
- Which Turkey Has More Feathers Clip Cards
- 191 pages
- Price: $10
What you will find in the Turkey Prewriting Strips
- 10 Prewriting Strips with Turkey Themes
- Thick Prewriting lines
- 3 pages
Check out these other fine motor pre-writing printables
Check out these other turkey printables & activities
Check out all the fun Thanksgiving Activities & Printables on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com