The Prewriting Practice printable dice can make prewriting loads of fun for kids!
This is a great prewriting practice center. You have two prewriting practice dice with different prewriting strokes for kids to make or trace.
You can change up how they do their prewriting practice with this simple prewriting practice dice activity.
We have included links to some of the products and resources we have used with this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
This is a great addition to the prewriting printables on the site.
So what is pre-writing?
Pre-writing is the skill to build to work up to writing letters and other types of writing. It also teaches the direction that we read.
You start out with thick prewriting lines and work to thinner prewriting lines. Then to prewriting patterns that work into writing letters.
This prewriting printable helps kids work on prewriting in a fun prewriting center. You have two sets of dice that are cube dice inserts or foldable dice.
You have several prewriting help mats. You have two prewriting mats for kids to put the prewriting practice dice and then below write or draw what they rolled on the dice.
You have two tracing mats that match the dice, plus there is a mat with all the dice prewriting. And I love that these are black and white so you can use color copy paper with these prewriting mats!
Things to use with the Prewriting Practice Printable Dice
There are links to all the items used with this prewriting printable.
- white cardstock
- color cardstock
- colored paper
- cube dice
- laminating pouches
- pencil grips – This is great to help kids hold pencils!
- dry erase markers
- sheet protectors
Ways to Use the Prewriting Practice Dice Printable
I’m going to show you a few ways you can use this prewriting printable.
Using the Prewriting Printable Dice in a Center
You can use either dice for this but you can see the cube dice roll and then you draw or make what you see on the dice below the dice. You can see how the smile came up and draw the smile in the area below with dry erase markers. Then you wipe it clean and start again.
You can see the second prewriting mat here. You roll the prewriting practice dice and even the small folding prewriting dice works and then draw the matching picture on the squares below.
Roll the Prewriting Practice Dice & Trace the Prewriting Mat
You can have kid roll the dice and then trace one of the matching prewriting squares. You can see there are two places to trace for each side of the prewriting practice die. Both prewriting practice dice have matching prewriting worksheets.
Prewriting Practice Inserts with Mat
You can just use the prewriting practice inserts without putting them in a dice. You can have them go through all the pictures and write them on the practice mat.
Prewriting Center Idea
Now the fun part of having the prewriting dice is that you can be flexible with them. You can print all the cube dice on cardstock and cut them out. Then put the prewriting practice squares on a ring. Then kids can flip through the cards and trace the matching picture on the page! A fun way to work on prewriting!
What you will find in the Free Prewriting Practice Dice Printable:
- 2 prewriting practice folding dice
- 2 prewriting practice cube dice inserts
- 2 Prewriting Practice page with trace to match each set of dice cubes
- One set of prewritig page with all the dice options
- Landscape blank page for prewriting cube dice
- Portrait blank page for use with prewriting dice
- 2 prewriting practice center pages
- 12 pages of printables
Fine Motor Prewriting Printable Set
Looking for more pre-writing printables or want it just ready to print and use. Then check out the Fine Motor Prewriting Printable Set.
This set includes some of the printables above in an easy no-prep printable set. Plus additional and new printables. The set includes big and thin dashed lines, no-prep prewriting worksheets, prewriting strips, easy reader books, and more!
What you will find in the Fine Motor Prewriting Printable Set:
- Big Solid and Dashes Prewriting Lines with a start and stop.
- Big Solid and Dashes Prewriting mixed with start and stop
- Thin Prewriting lines with start and stop.
- Thin Lines Prewriting mixed with start and stop.
- Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines with start and stop.
- Prewriting Practice with Patterns with prewriting fonts – Large Font
- Prewriting Practice prewriting fonts single repeated prewriting
- Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts all fonts together
- Prewriting Practice Patterns with prewriting fonts – Single Pattern Repeated
- Prewriting Practice Patterns with prewriting fonts – mixed patterns together
- Prewriting Practice Patterns Finish the Patterns with prewriting fonts – mixed patterns together
- Prewriting Practice Spin & Trace Prewriting Fonts
- Prewriting Strips: Big Solid Prewriting Lines with Stop & Start – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Big Dashed Prewriting Lines with Stop & Start – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting thin lines with start and stop – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines with start and stop – Color and Black & White
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice with prewriting fonts in guidelines.
- Prewriting Strips: Prewriting Practice Patterns
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Big Dashes Lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Big Dashes Lines – Teacher Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Thin Dashes Lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Thin Dashes Lines – Teacher Print
- 174 pages
- Price: $8
More Prewriting Printables
Prewriting Practice Solid & Dashed Printables has thick lines in a solid line and a thick dashed line for kids that need bigger lines. Plus has a start and stop for kids to use.
Prewriting Practice Printables has thin lines for kids to trace. There are several different lines to work on. There is only one line type on each page.
Q-Tip Prewriting Printables is a wonderful fine motor activity with prewriting with small circles for kids to use q-tips on.
Prewriting Dot Marker Printables is great for fine motor development of matching the dot marker to the cirles in different line patterns.
Check out all the fun Prewriting Printables and Activities on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com