Prewriting can be something that not all kids like to do. This newest prewriting printable is something to make prewriting a little more fun.
It lets you change up the normal ways you do writing and add something fun into it.
The free Q-tip Prewriting Printables are fun and great for kids to use.
We have included links to some of the products and resources we have used with this activity. If you purchase via the links we may earn a small commission.
These prewriting printables is something great for fine motor and working up to other prewriting activities.
I love using q-tips for painting and various other activities. So taking something we love to use already and making it a prewriting activity very fun!
This was an easy addition to the prewriting that we do. There at 8 pages and similar to the other prewriting worksheets.
You will find all the lines going in the same direction. This makes it easy to practice some of the same patterns over and over. There are straight lines for starting and more complex lines as you develop fine motor skills.
There is also one page that has 4 directions on one page. These pages make great review pages after you are done the other pages. The first page has more straight lines and the second page of these has more complex prewriting on them.
Things to use with the Q-Tip Prewriting Worksheets for Fine Motor
There are many things to use with the Q-tip Prewriting printables and I’m going to highlight some of them that you will need for the activities below.
- copy paper
- pony beads
- smiley face stickers
- sheet protectors
- dry erase markers
How we used these Q-Tip Prewriting Printables for Fine Motor
Who says you have to use a printable just one way. I never do. And I love to share how we use the printables.
The most basic way to use these is with q-tip. We do this a lot. I like to give them two colors and see what happens. I will suggest a pattern if the child is olde enough to do patterns. You can see lines just dotted and lines dotted with patterns. We used q-tips and paints to do this one.
The circles also work for small pony beads. It is great fine motor work for kids to do. This gives them a small object to play on the cirlces. You can give them a mix of pony beads and let them have fun with it.
You can also have fun with watercolors. You can have them put a dot of watercolor in each cicle. This is great fine motor work for kids to do.
These also work great for small circle stickers. You get to the fine motor work of getting the sticker off and then placing the sticker on the line. You can do a line a day or the whole page. I love using the smiley face stickers.
If you are looking for additional q-tip prewriting activities check out the Fine Motor Dot Prewriting Printable Set. It has additional pages with more prewriting options and includes shapes, more lines to dot, and additional prewriting activities. as well.
Things we are using with these printables.
What you will find in the Free Q-Tip Prewriting Printabes:
- 8 pages of q-tip prewriting with for use with q-tips or other small painting objects.
- 2 pages of q-tip prewriting review pages
- 10 pages of no-prep prewriting worksheets
Fine Motor Dot Prewriting Printable Set
Looking for more dot pre-writing printables or want it just ready to print and use. Then check out the Fine Motor Dot Prewriting Printable Set.
This set includes some of the printables above in an easy no-prep printable set. Plus additional and new printables. The sets include dot marker and q-tip no-prep pages, prewriting strips, easy reader book and more!
What you will find in these printables:
- Dot marker Prewriting Lines with start and stop
- Dot marker Prewriting Lines with start and stop with lines types mixed together.
- Dot Marker Prewriting Fonts with start and stop.
- Dot Marker Shapes – two shapes per page: circle, square, triangle, oval, rhombus, heart, crescent, rectangle
- Q-Tip Prewriting Lines with start and stop
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with start and stop with guidelines
- Q-Tip Prewriting Shapes – four shapes per page: circle, square, triangle, oval, rhombus, heart, crescent, rectangle
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with stop and start with guidelines.
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with stop and start no guidelines.
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with one example and one for them to make on their own with start and stop
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts mixed up in patterns in guidelines
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts in continues pattern in guidelines.
- Dot Marker Prewriting Line Strips
- Dot Marker Prewriting Font Strips
- Dot Marker Prewriting Font Strips with colored stop and start.
- Q-Tip Prewriting Lines Strips
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with Guidelines
- Q-Tip Prewriting Fonts with Guidelines with colored stop and start.
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Dot Marker lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Dot Marker lines – Teacher Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Q-Tip Lines – Single Print
- Prewriting Easy Reader Books Q-Tip Lines – Teacher Print
- 154 pages
- Price: $8
Here are some other Prewriting Printables
Check out all the fun Prewriting Printables and Activities on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com