There are so many great skills that kids build as they learn to read. And one of the first set of words beyond CVC and sight words is the start of blends and digraphs in words.
Today’s printable is about working on learning some CVCC and CCVCC words with a no-prep printable!
It is similar to the CVC Word Family write the Word but with CVCC and CVCC words to work on.
CVCC and CCVCC stand for Consonant Vowel Consonant Consonant or Consonant Consonant Vowel Consonant Consonant. These are words that have blends of digraphs at the end and beginning of the words.
These are some of the words you start working on after you have learned the CVC words.
There are many different types of words that kids can learn and some of them work in family groups. I have picked a few words that have similar endings like ll, ck, nd, & sh.
The pages have pictures that match up to the endings on the page.
Things to use with the CVCC & CCVCC Word Family Write the Words
- copy paper
- fine line markers
- CVCC Word Family Bookmarks
- Bob Books Set 4 – Complex Words
Ways to use these printables
These sheets are fun because they have a great mix of words all with the same Consonant Consonant at the end. You can see we used a marker to wrote the words on this page.
If kids are struggling you could try adding the CVCC Word Family Bookmarks. They don’t have all the words but they do have some to help.
What you will find in the Free CVCC & CCVCC Word Family Write the Words
- No-prep worksheet for working on CVCC & CCVCC words
- Each page has one similar ending: ll, ck, nd, & sh
- 12 images per page with writing of the CVCC or CCVCC words
- 4 pages of printables
Check out these other CVCC Activities:
- CVCC Word Family Rhyming Matching Cards are a great set of cards
- CVCC Word Family Puzzles: Short A is a great way to work on building words.
- CVCC Word Family Word Paths are great for working on words with the same ending.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com