Spring is here and flowers are a favorite theme at our house. These CVC & CVCC Word Family Writing Flowers are tons of fun for the season. You can practice writing the different word family words that you are working on.
On each of the flowers there is word family ending. This gives the suggestions of what to write on the leaves. You can be as creative as you want about the words. You don’t have to stick to my CVC or CVCC words. You can add blends and digraphs to make it more interesting for older kids. You can also challenge your older kids to write the words in cursive.
After you finish writing the words you can color the flowers as well. I know that my girls like to color a project when they finish it.
If you have a child who is working on rhyming but might not be writing as much you can write on the ending on the leaves and gives them letter tiles to make the words. This will make it a word ladder flower for them.
What are you going to find in these printables:
- CVC Words Families: -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -ar, at, -ed, -en, -et, -ig, -in, -ip, -it, -og, -op, -ot, -ow, -ox, -ug, -un, & -ut
- CVCC Words Families: -all, -ill, -ell, -ull, -ing, -ang, -ung, -ong, -ast, -ist, -ust, -ost, -est, -ack, -ick, -ock, -uck, -and, -end, -ind, -ond, -und, ink, -unk, -onk, -amp, -imp, -ump
- 1 flower per page
- 52 pages total
Check out these other fun CVC & CVCC Word Family printables:
- Free CVCC Word Family Wall Cards
- Free CVC Word Family Wall Cards
- Free CVC Word Family Ladder Printables
Be sure to check out all the Flower Activities and Printables on 3 Dinosaurs.
Cassie – 3Dinosaurs.com